Tuesday 5 June 2012

ROYAL ALBERT OLD COUNTRY ROSES

BUTTER KNIFE

E

Even after all these years in the discontinued tableware business, it is amazing how often I come across an item that I have not seen before. It happened this week when I bought a large quantity of Royal Albert Old Country Roses. Sadly, many of the items turned out to be "seconds" (in fairness Royal Albert seconds are often better than the first quality items produced by modern manufacturers), but at least they were all made in England as opposed to foreign versions often seen. 

In amongst this mixed lot of Old Country Roses, I found this little knife. It is just under 5.5" in length and I can only imagine that it was produced as a butter knife, although I suspect that some knowledgeable reader may correct me on that. It is always fascinating to find something new to me. 

The knife is now available to be purchased on our web site. Click here for details.

Regards, 
Chris Eley
Tel: 01202 600838

No comments: